Augusta Rental

my rabbit ate ibuprofen

ha ha I didn’t even know there was such a thing as Hermit Crab Food! We have a lot of things going on here and so I am not exactly sure where to start. I was wondering if that’s the best thing to feed my little Elsa(bunny) for now anyway? I only get bunnies from HUMANE breeders now, although I’m willing to get a rescue bunny next time. I give the command hutch, hutch, and my two come running back, up the ramp and go crazy waiting inside for their treat (raisin, apple, plain cheerio, etc). Do not expect a dog and cat vet to be of much help with your older pet boy rabbit. I’d just like to say, thank-you for taking your time to provide such wonderful answers and reassurance to so many bunny lovers. Is he seeing a rabbit specialist vet and not a dog and cat vet, right? I know that I should call my vet but until then what should I do??? I do not advocate rabbits living in outdoor hutches. – ingested anemone Until today, in a matter of minutes she seemed to act weird. Learning about this will drastically reduce vet visits and illness. sub-q, a special medicine that helps neutralize the imodium, charcoal, and blood tests. You must be extremely careful when putting out poisonous bait for rodents, if at all. Always assume all human medications are poisonous to your pet, unless instructed otherwise by your veterinary surgeon. I would be devastated beyond belief. Reduced blood flow to the kidneys results in kidney damage. Hi again Then I drove back to another clinic and the vet was not a bunny vet but had seen bunnies before. Hope you decide to make your bunnies happy by giving them a safe new home for the winter. I recommend finding the BEST rabbit specialist you can find in your area and asking him these questions. Just think how much hay you replace with a high calorie piece of fruit. I hope that your little bunny did not have this kind of reaction, but it emphasizes the importance of only letting our pet bunnies play in areas that are totally bunny proofed and safe for them. I do not know what you can give to mitigate the likely toxins in the hand cream. They cannot diagnose or treat anything for a bunny and you have just wasted precious time. This website can never displace a veterinarian. Rabbits cannot vomit due to a highly developed cardiac sphincter. of one drop) from the vet, used twice in 24 hours per instruction – went to the vet 2 days before death This causes a major bloom of bad bacteria which can result in death or severe sickness. Thankyou for any help you can give, it is much appreciated, This bunny is clearly dying. You'll see the signs fairly early, just make sure you act fast. Pellet fed rabbits have more problems with being over-weight, GI stasis, bloat, fur blockage and teeth issues than rabbits who eat mostly hay. Cody. – drank normal amount of water, peeing fine Oh my, that is absolutely horrible. They are very sensitive to many things in the environment, from household cleaners to house plants. So this is a very difficult question to know the exact answer. This could be due to feeding her all those veggies and greens. Ibuprofen Diclofenac Naproxen Aspirin When your pet is unwell or has a painful injury, you may be tempted to give them human painkillers such as paracetamol, aspirin, codeine and ibuprofen. First is that it is always best to adopt a pet and avoid purchasing them, to reduce the demand for over-breeding. The downside is that if your pet gets hold of the medication they may eat more than they should. Another common toxic food is xylitol (the sugar substitute). Find out more about what to do in an emergency. My first suggestion would be to watch the amount of pellets and fruit that he gets. Never use or store insecticides around your rabbit’s abode or play areas. I learned the hard way that switching feed can be deathly to any rabbit. What a scary feeling that must have been. Always bear in mind cats are more susceptible than dogs to these toxicities and, unfortunately, they can be fatal. My bun ate an ibuprofen : I dropped a motrin tablet I was about to take, and Janis Hoplin just happened to be by my feet and gobbled it up. The Bunny Guy. And even that is fast. Hi If the grass you were giving them was treated recently, or if you live near some farms( runoff chemicals) the grass could have toxins on it. I have been feeding him a lot of timothy hay, a half cup of pellets per day, along with a fresh salad with lots of different vegetables in it. – got ofloxacin eye drop (and I dropped 2-3 drops by mistake instead The amount of drug ingested, the time elapsed before presentation to the clinic, other drugs administered at the same time and the size of your pet are important factors. Appetite stimulant: 1 mg/rabbit once daily to q12h; PO (Blackwells, 2011) Dexamethasone: Anti-inflammatory 1-2 mg/kg IM, IV (Varga, 2013) 0.5-2.0 mg/kg q12h; PO, SC, IM. This means be extra careful when introducing new greens to your rabbit. – gasped twice. Good luck and I hope your little girl makes it. I know absolutely nothing about breeding rabbits because I do not believe in breeding pets when so many are in the shelters needing a home. Video chat with our vet within minutes between 8am and 11pm. I think because I have gone through these things myself and often there is not a lot that can be done. ( we plan to rip that garden out in a couple of weeks.) his condition improved and was active and then after those eye drops and metacam, he went into death, all within 24-36 hours. I am not a vet and do not know very much about sick bunnies. about few days before death There is a big difference. If you need help locating a rabbit specialist vet, let me know. She is biting the hay into little bits. If you do not have the proper tools and materials for this, it is best that she get into a medical situation so that the proper care be given. This means that the pet bunny is really YOUR pet bunny because it will fall upon you to insure his health and well-being. Within four to six hours she should have eaten and pooped several times. Of more concern are herbicides or pesticides. – does she know he died – she seems to be waiting by his pen a lot. Hopefully it will pass through the bunny without a problem but if it does not, then it can cause a serious obstruction. Rabbits cannot digest fats and they can cause intestinal problems for the rabbit. He actually needs the alfalfa based pellets while a juvenile, but after he is six months old I would switch him to a Timothy hay based pellet. Do not trust a dog or cat vet to be able to assist her. It is a matter of life and death. Please find a REAL bunny vet. That is something you don't want to screw around with.

Ginny Weasley Fanfic, Stephanie Szostak Maiden Name, Old Glass Fanta Bottle, Ark Breeding Mutations, Curry Leaf Plant B&q, Sweet Home Webtoon, Chickpea Flour Aldi,

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *